Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Introvert - Extrovert


         After viewing "The Power of Introverts" by Susan Cain on Ted Talk, it really made me stop and think about how much school has changed since I started school, thirteen years ago. She stated how school is now pushing students to work in groups instead as individuals, and I could not agree more. I remember when working in groups was like a once a month thing, but now it is every single day it seems like. I do agree that the world is trying to change introverts into extroverts. I believe that introverts are starting to feel less interesting or valuable to others than compared to extroverts, and that is not okay.
        Just because someone is an introvert, does not make them less interesting or valuable, they are just as interesting and just as valuable as extroverts. Take Steve Wozniak for example. He was the creator of the first apple computer, and he said that he never would've become such an expert in the first place had he not been to introverted to leave the house growing up.
         As Susan Cain talks about how people tend to follow the most dominant or charismatic person in the room, hearing her say that I do find myself doing that, as well as many others around me. We tend to take the persons'  who speaks very well in front of other people, instead of  the person who thinks very well but just doesn't feel comfortable enough to speak it out loud.
         So the question is, what one am I? Am I shy or am I outgoing? Do I like to be alone, or be with crowds? Introvert or extrovert? Well my friends, I would like to say that I am neither an introvert or an extrovert, I like to think of myself as an ambivert. An ambivert is someone who balances the personalities of an introvert and extrovert. I believe I am an ambivert because there are somethings I am shy and quiet about, and others that I like to speak my mind. I sometimes like working alone, and sometimes I like working in groups, I guess it all depends on how I feel that day -- shy or talkative.

Image result for introvert and extrovert

No comments:

Post a Comment